There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality, good fit for Lenovo Ideapad S10e

posted by Baratgab on 04/16/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

– The quality of the sleeve seems quite good, both in terms of materials and craftsmanship.

– The side panels are reasonably thick, so it gives a fair amount of protection to the netbook, without being bulky.

– It fits almost perfectly on the Lenovo Ideapad S10e netbook! Judging from the indicated 26.5 x 19 x 1.1 cm size I thought that it will be a perfect fit on the 25 x 18.3 x 2.8 cm machine. But actually the measured size of the sleeve is 27.5 x 21 cm, and even with this bigger size the fit is somewhat tight. So I'm really lucky that it's bigger than it's indicated.

Cons:

– The sleeve has a very strong odor; it's not just simply inconvenient, but it's so strong and alarming that I actually started to worry about the health effects. I really hope that the workers are not exposed to this for long intervals...

– The one that I received has a zipper that goes just halfway to the sleeve, so it's not openable like in the pictures. It's not a big deal for me; I just mentioned this as a basis for the next point.

– The zipperless side parts of the sleeve are made by a thinner, more elastic material, and it has a thick edge on the seams – possibly for protection? Anyway, it doesn't seem too considerate, since the result is like using a glove that has thick seams inside. :-) I would definitely prefer a thicker material for protection, with completely flat seams.

Bottomline:

All in all it's a really good sleeve for the price, I think, and I could recommend it for the Lenovo S10e users.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections