DX » Community » Reviews » Multifunctional Wilderness Survival Flint Magnesium Striker Fire Starter Stick Rod - Black (8cm)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byJZap on 06/25/2014

It's a "nude" magnesium bar, so you can use it wherever you want, not attached to anything. So it's the smallest way of this kind of item. For some people previous pro can be a con, as it's not attached to anything. For me, it's ok. It's covered with paint, may be for protection, once the paint ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bykaravoc on 03/09/2014

this is a great Magnesium rod, throws lots of hot sparks that work great for catching any tinder you need lit. and will last you a long time. does not come with a handle or striker comes completely as shown alto it does not come with a handle I did not find that to be a problem. i typically either hold ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byVTHippy on 02/26/2014

Throws lots of hot sparks and should last a very long time. I've been using daily for several months and there is a lot of life left. Price is fair. Save money by customizing your own striker. No handle or striker. You may not need a handle, but definitely will need a striker. Back of a pocket knife ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bywampyz on 11/18/2013

generic ferrocerium rod ideal for replacing a worn out rod, or one you've accidentally dropped... just epoxy in place and you're good to go... durable 5/16" diameter so doesn't really need a support backer to prevent splitting... decent length for stricking... there is no magnesium in this thing ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byVTHippy on 10/24/2013

I've used a couple of other cheap sparklers. This is the first one that throws thick hot sparks. Easily lights cotton on one or 2 strikes. Was able to light a sheet of tp with several attempts. I just bought a rubber stopper - like a cork, but rubber - drilled a 1/4" hole and then forced the striker ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byNaCl on 07/24/2013

Is long and thick, and it doesn´t loose much material when striked. It should last for a long time if used it frecuently, and all your life if is just for the one week in the year you go camping/hiking. To be honest, for every day use you will be better going with a lighter, but if you like survival ... Read more

0 0 4

• posted byJaybora on 05/08/2013

Great Striker with unlimited potential uses! Customizable for mounting and striker source. Great HOT sparks generated after the rod is "broken" in. Just like any other striker rod, the protective black outer coating needs to be worn down to the bare alloy to generate the best sparks. For the ... Read more

0 0 2

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections