Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent and cheap item if you are into survival stuff

posted by NaCl on 07/24/2013
    4 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Is long and thick, and it doesn´t loose much material when striked. It should last for a long time if used it frecuently, and all your life if is just for the one week in the year you go camping/hiking.
    To be honest, for every day use you will be better going with a lighter, but if you like survival stuff this fire rod is for you.
    I´ve bought some other fire rods from DX and this one is the best by far. It comes covered in a non sparking paint, once removed is are ready to be used. It produces lot of hot sparks. I´ve started fire with some rope and just one strike on the rod.
    I put four stars in ease of use because this kind of items need some knowledge to be used and it doesn´t contain a manual. Any way, once you know how to use it is easy.

Cons:

The only con i can mention is that there is no inbuilt way to attach it to a string, keychain or anything, is just a rod. Then again is very cheep and large enough to be creative with some epoxy or cordage or a drill.

OtherThoughts:

If you like this kind of stuff, buy it with confidence.
    In my opinion, is the best DX has to offer in this topic. Unless you also like to have magnesium block, in which case sku 33798 is good material.

Bottomline:

I´m very happy with this item, I carry it everyday attached in my keychain.
    I would buy it again if I lose mine and some more for gifts.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections