Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• UltraFire WF-1000L

posted by Mawco on 06/19/2009
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Overall good build quality (very solid body construction)

-Nice brightness (not as i expected)

-good spill strong throw

-doesnt heat at all (7 minutes on full power and its still cool as it was!)

-fits protected battery too

-batteries doesnt rattle inside

-longer runtime thanks to 2 cells

-possibility of shortening device after easy little mod - then is possible to run light from 1 cell

-can stand on tail

Cons:

-body sign states WF-1200L and someone tried to scratch down number "2"

-cheap clicky switch (it has needed modding really)

-deep scratch on head by arrival

-kinda heavy (can be used as weapon though)

-donut has visible dim spot in center

-its not waterproof (o rings are too thin and dry for that - needs replacing and lubricate for sealing torch)

OtherThoughts:

It has pcb sitting near led emittor in head that cut off current at 1400mA at full power.Its thrower that i count as cons. I would prefer to see as much as its possible around(strong spill) rather than see only small point of light(throw). Spill is nice but not too bright (in comparing with donut). Original clicky switch was sitting too deep and i amost broke my finger when tried to press it (it was almost impossible to swtich light on).So i have to mod it by adding small plate to fill gap between tailcap and switch. It was not that easy because it needs exact size and shape ..but for light this price is ok (i like modifications too).

-I can imagine this light modded with SSC P7 running at full power trough replaced driver sku.20330 because this torch has excellent cooling capabilities and also uses 2 cells that is needed for better runtime.

Bottomline:

Head is very good made so its taking heat from LED to glass/lens ring first ,then it spreads to body very slowly.You dont even feel its heating at all unless you touch end of head. I like this light,it totally worth money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections