Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymyNextGen on 07/03/2014

I'd say that this is a reasonable price for this module. The chip is MAX7219 which can be used with the arduino board. I used the library called "LedControlMS" link in instructables.com. The library allow you to cascade multiple of this module to create a cool moving text display. Arrived in good condition no damage or bent pin. I don't find ... Read more

happy face :) heart shape <3
    0 0
  • posted byDirkLui on 04/10/2014

The module was packed in bubble plastic to prevent damage during shipment. Module is complete an works at onze. Use one of the examples from internet and it works. Use just 5 lines and some coding and you have an animated display As far as I can see none. If you have more than 1 unit connecting them together is a little difficult because of the position ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFromilid on 01/07/2014

Completed and ready to use LED matrix module. I am fully satisfied with it. I was able to run it at the very first time. I bought two of these modules and they can be connected into cascade. Both modules are working perfectly. Soldering seems to be OK. I would not be able to do it better... :) I do not see any... I must say that i do not see any difference ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhwiguna on 01/01/2014

Thanks to readily available libraries and examples for the MAX7219 chip, this matrix was very easy to use. I was able to cascade two matrices. I don't see any reason why more won't work. Probably willl need to add power supply after 3 or 4. The supplied wire is great for cascading multiple matrices, but it's the wrong gender to plug to the Arduino. ... Read more

Credit card for size comparison. Well packed.
    0 0
  • posted bySimonetti2010 on 10/30/2013

- It is inexpensive, compared to the real MAX7219 - it Works with Arduino using the MAX7219/7221 libraries - there are plenty of libraries to choose from - it takes the hassle of assembling the board from your hands (which is a little troublesome, since there would be a lot of cables) - it is easier to use this than to protoboard a MAX7219 and a 8x8... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystrykeroz on 10/25/2013

Really handy little modules to have around. They're easy to drive from an Arduino using the LedControl library which comes with a useful example for testing your modules. MAX7219 IC is very well known, widely supported and very easy to drive. Grab a few modules so you can chain them together to display some useful information, text or graphs. Modules ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypcmihnea on 09/20/2013

Even though it's a bit more expensive than the parts them self, the fact that you receive a pre-made and tested module of good quality may prove more advantageous. The board itself contains the LED matrix, the 2 capacitors critical for correct operation, and the MAX7219 IC in a IC holder. It may prove some difficulty in controlling this serial-driven ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNekloth on 08/22/2013

Compact, works fine with Arduino, bright, perfect for prototyping ! Only male connectors : it would have been great to have female too, to be able to chain them and mount them close : I have now to unsolder pin to attach two displays together.... Or I would have prefer to have the pins on the other sides (not on the MAX side). It would have been better ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydariod10 on 02/21/2013

Well built over all, solders are solid, pcb is good strong material. Same specification and working quality as kit that I buy on DX too. You got with display 5 wires. Nice. Very usefull will be if you add just little instructions. No text, just illustrations or pictures. And connectors.Iit'll be mutch better to follow Arduino shield principle, so that ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections