DX » Community » Reviews » 9" USB Touch Screen Digitizer DIY Mod Kit for Asus Eee PC 900 UMPC Laptops
  • 5 star 4 ( 36% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjonmiller456 on 07/15/2010

It is an affordable touch screen option. Windows 7 and Ubuntu Linux recognize it. The components are very straight forward on the install with what goes where. I found a website that had pictures with the step by step. I had trouble from step one. The glass cracked from trying to install it. It was hard trying to fit the components into my asus netbook.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThings on 12/30/2009

-Fairly cheap - Well packaged - Driver installation a breeze - Worked in the 900HA (With modifications, see "Other thoughts") - Fairly accurate - Glass, not plastic - For the 900HA, it's not plug n play (See "Other Thoughts") - Price may be a tad high - Makes the screen slightly more glarey - May break screen bezel if screws are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byqin0x on 10/05/2009

-Works perfectly for eeepc 900 default xandros -DIY-Nice exercise for beginner hacker -Instructions for installation of hardware and soft is in the internet(see Other Thoughts) -Fast and accurate response -Customizable settings using the driver below -With some fiddling it fits the eeepc900 almost seemless -Great for efficient browsing -Awesome packaging!... Read more

0 0
  • posted byozjodo on 07/09/2009

The screen came packaged very well apart from some of the protective plastic film peeling a little in the corners, the screen was in perfect condition. Mine came as one piece as well and included a cable that would fit in a USB port. With a little switching around, I was able to use that cable as the "USB in", connect the ribbon to the "... Read more

0 0
  • posted byWisdom1 on 06/18/2009

DX packaged it properly, unlike the other reviews I have seen that says they all arrived cracked. I bought 2, because I cracked the first one myself. Great, easy to install. I thought I have to solder, then found eeepc forum that says in the eee 900a, which does not have the webcam. Just plug it in into the webcam outlet. The webcam will appear in the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygregprice on 04/11/2009

Cheap and functional, fit my eee 900 without mods. came with screen, one board, connector wires and CD. Two extra internal USB ports when finished with the install (one with an included cable, one without a cable - get your own.) Webcam still works after install. No soldering, just plug-and-go. CD had correct drivers, you just have to dig a bit to find ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrsOne on 03/30/2009

All in one DIY kit. Easily navigate web pages and ebooks with by touch. Comes with extra internal usb slots for more mods. lots of info can be found on Google and specific forums. **mine came with the updated shipping packaging it was in a mother board box with lots of bubble wrap.... perfect The whole eee pc needs to be dissembled to install this. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byalgerath1 on 02/13/2009

awesome mod for my eeepc 900 DX packed it very well, LOTS of bubble wrap and also in a box. works great none It is a little hard to install. Search on the internet for help, be careful a lot of guides are for different screens. Basically you unplug the webcam from the mother board, plug the controller included into the MB where the webcam was, plug ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhuycao on 01/15/2009

comes with everything you need. The included USB hub even gives you an extra full female usb cable to allow you to hook up an internal bluetooth or a flash drive (if you could somehow make enough room). You will not lose the webcam function either. Hard to put in! No instructions included, but refer to the internet for help especially jkkmoblie. He ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byan85dy on 01/05/2009

+ no soldering required (in case everything works and you don't wanna use other cables or something) + integrated internal usb-hub + cables included (also extra usb-cable, external one) + driver cd + one card, not two (less space needed) - no manual (but internet will help) - kinda tricky getting all cables in eee pc without case bulging or something ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections