Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great! Though not plug n play!

posted by Things on 12/30/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Fairly cheap

- Well packaged

- Driver installation a breeze

- Worked in the 900HA (With modifications, see "Other thoughts")

- Fairly accurate

- Glass, not plastic

Cons:

- For the 900HA, it's not plug n play (See "Other Thoughts")

- Price may be a tad high

- Makes the screen slightly more glarey

- May break screen bezel if screws are overtightened.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this for use in my EEE 900HA.

Installing the panel went fine, however there was no space ontop of the motherboard for the driver (Where the webcam USB connector is). Because of this, I had to extend the USB connectors to reach under ontop of the WiFi adapter. Once installed, I turned on the eeepc, to find that it instantly turns off during boot! I removed all the panels again, and did a little troubleshooting. It turns out that the USB cable supplied with the panel to connect to the webcam USB input is reversed. I can't remember the order anymore, however you will need to remove the connectors (wires) from the little while plug, and reverse their order for this to work. As in, move the red cable to the other side of the connector, and same with the black wire, and switch the green and white wires around. If you do this and it still doesn't work, try swapping the DATA (White and green) wires back around.

Also, be careful not to over tighten the frame bezel screws, as you may end up with cracks in the corner of the plastic frame.

Bottomline:

Requires a bit of electrical knowledge to get working with the 900HA, but overall it works fine and ins't overly expensive, though seems like it could be cheaper.

It was sandwiched between 2 thick pieces of foam and wrapped many times in packaging tape.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections