Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Asus EEE-900 to the MAX!

posted by UseoNL on 01/02/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This kit turns your Asus EEE-900 screen into a touch-screen. Once installed the touchscreen can be used using a stylus or using a finger/nail. I got it installed for over a week now and absolutely love it! This is a not-to-be-missed essential upgrade for the EEE lovers/tweakers.

Pros of this kit:

- Can be installed in the EEE-housing, once installed you won't see any difference (no bulging of the screen);

- The adapter has a build in usb-hub so you won't lose webcam-functionality.

Cons:

- The screen adds a lot of flare in comparison to the standard screen;

- It isn't a cheap solution;

- Using the webcam connecter on the motherboard for the adapter (as you are supposed to do) means you have to enable the webcam otherwise the screen won't work. In other words you can't disable the webcam when using the touchscreen;

- There is absolutely NO/ZERO information on how-to-install. This is not only a DIY-solution but also Find-Out-Yourself!

OtherThoughts:

I've set it up on a EEE-900/20 Gigabyte using Windows XP using the drivers that came on the CD. The drivers work flawless and you will have program to calibrate the screen.

It really took me some time to figure where to place the adapter (there is one small board, not two as in the pictures here). I managed to put it in the left bottom corner, next to the touchpad. Once installed there it took some puzzling to work away the cables in a way the housing would fit again. I've uploaded a picture of my opened EEE after installing the adapter but somehow it never showed up here. If needed I can try to upload it again.

Bottomline:

I've been using this for over a week now and I love it! It's quite some work to install it (or at least I think so) but once installed it really adds to the functionality of your precious netbook!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections