• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Installed on an eee 900

posted by gregprice on 04/11/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Cheap and functional, fit my eee 900 without mods. came with screen, one board, connector wires and CD. Two extra internal USB ports when finished with the install (one with an included cable, one without a cable - get your own.) Webcam still works after install. No soldering, just plug-and-go. CD had correct drivers, you just have to dig a bit to find them.

Cons:

Fiddley install, lots of small parts that my fat fingers had difficulty with. Slow response when moving the cursor with a stylus. No instructions, really had to dig around to find good information. Panel is FRAGILE. I chipped one corner just putting the front cover on, but the unit still works. Had to take both front covers off, and I popped the motherboard loose so I could wrap the extra USB cable around to the bottom so I could access it thru the RAM door.

OtherThoughts:

algerath1 summed the install up nicely. On my eee 900, the touch screen connector strip had to go on the right side to get the touch surface facing the correct way. I have an eee pc 900 16g. Everything fit inside the case reasonably well. I put the USB hub/controller on the front left corner of the motherboard, just to the left of the mouse pad. The screen does bulge a bit, but not excessively. Be careful when tightening the screen bezel screws, you can overtighten and crack the touchscreen easily. Take your time with everything, this isn't a rush job.

Bottomline:

I'd do it again, it's a nice addition to my eee pc. I'll do it to my next eee too.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections