Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Fragile, Long Wait but so Worth It!!

posted by qin0x on 10/05/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

-Works perfectly for eeepc 900 default xandros
    -DIY-Nice exercise for beginner hacker
    -Instructions for installation of hardware and soft is in the internet(see Other Thoughts)
    -Fast and accurate response
    -Customizable settings using the driver below
    -With some fiddling it fits the eeepc900 almost seemless
    -Great for efficient browsing
    -Awesome packaging! It looks really professionally packaged than my last one. Even the circuit is on antistatic plastic than bubble wrap on my last one.

-No instruction given(Not really a con)
    -Too cheap for its potentials.
    -The TS is fragile like a thin glass. The touch screen is easily cracked. Cracked easily. Weak glass. Thin glass. Oh! and its fragile.
    -No small sample piece to show costumer how fragile it is

I cracked my first one in half. Trying to remove it after using double sided tape to fasten it, I put it upside down. This second one is installed flawlessly! and Fasten with kapton tape. Any tape would also work. Hardware install instruction is on the internet, some pics here I installed the software following this wiki to the letter > it says kiddshop but it also work on this touchscreen.

Can't find the one I followed for hardware installation but i did some drilling on the screw hole for the monitor brackets to raise it to protect my TS. I think its on too. No bulging or anything like that. Software installation works perfectly using
    Perfect mod for the "tougher than tough book" eeepc 900.

Post comment

DX Everywhere