DX » Community » Reviews » CY MH-032 Micro USB MHL to HDMI HDTV Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 / N7100 - Black (9cm)
  • 5 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• I can confirm it works with Samsung Galaxy S3

posted by mrjlo on 05/16/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It works with Samsung Galaxy S3 as it says in the web description. I just got it from a post office and connected it to a Dell 27" monitor via both a 1.5 m HDMI-cable and 7 m + 1.5m (8.5 m) HDMI-cable. Both worked and the monitor recognized the input, SGS3 recognized it had HDMI-cable connected, and the picture of the SGS3 was visible without errors on the 27" monitor.

Cons:

For some reason, the package it came in says "Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy i9100 and All MHL-devices.". Samsung Galaxy S3 is i9300, so I was abit worried when I was opening the package. Before I bough similar MHL-adapter from DX and it didn't work with SGS3 (i9300) but did work with Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100).
    So I think the package could mention it also (or at least) supports Samsung Galaxy S3 (which does use a bit different MHL-protocol than SGS2).

OtherThoughts:

I have only now tested this and not used it a long time, so I cannot really tell about the quality - how it will survive if I keep it connected for hours.

Bottomline:

Worth to buy if you need to connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to the big monitor with HDMI-connection. The price is also pretty good. Of course could and will get cheaper in time.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections