• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Reasonably priced, powerful iPhone battery

posted by Inage on 03/26/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The battery pack performs quite well. The fully charged battery pack was able to recharge a 0% full iPhone 5 to 100%, and depleting the iPhone 5 again from 0% to 20%. So roughly the battery pack hold 120% of the original iPhone charge. Thereby easily doubling life.

Cons:

The small hole at the bottom of the case that is supposed to permit plugging in headphones is too narrow of all of my headphones, with one exception. The exception being Apple's stock earbuds that come with the iPhone 5. Apple earbuds cost a small fortune so its a disappointment that none other work.

I'm contemplating drilling out another 1mm or so clearance to allow use of other headphones/earbuds.

Also its kinda heavy... more on that below.

4 stars for usefulness as I can't use a single 3rd party headphone.

OtherThoughts:

The battery add a bit of weight and bulk, but seems no worse than the majority of similar batteries. The trade benefit for better battery life for the power hungry iPhone is more than enough to justify purchase.

Would be nice if instead of the Micro-B USB connector, it could have a lightning connector instead. That way, it would be one less cable to deal with. Of course on the other hand, if you forgot the lightning cable, youre likely to have better luck finding a Micro-B USB on the go. So maybe its a good thing after all.

Bottomline:

As an extra power source, this battery pack is awesome.
    If you listen to music or watch many videos with headphone, you'll either have to the Apple earbuds or search hard for an alternative with narrow connector base.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections