DX » Community » Reviews » AMC7135 1050mA Regulated Circuit Board for DIY Flashlights 10-Pack
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byJihar on 10/30/2013

-all of 10 drivers works fine - good soldering of comonents on PCB - contacts seem to have some gold on surface (not tested, but i think so) - easy to modify to 350-700-1400mA (by cutting some lines on PCB and unsoldering elements or solder elements from another same driver) -Heats at full load. May be it's a con, but not for me (good thermal paste ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byoliverlensert7 on 06/08/2011

-great and simple mod to fix direct drive lights -small size -does not get to hot at 4.5v -does not flicker like a $20 driver i bought recently -gets very hot at 6v (max component ratings) - i blew one board doing a test (to see if it could handle 7.5v-it can't!) it is very easy to add/remove 7135 chips to make -350ma -700ma -1050ma (as supplied) -1... Read more

3 0
  • posted bygearhounds on 09/16/2008

Well made standard sized 17mm driver, works great with a single 18650 battery. Thanks to 3 AMC7135 chips, runs very bright all the way down to 3.4V or so before I could detect much dimming and still quite bright. In even a thin walled light does not make the emitter produce excessive heat. Drives R2, Q5, and Q2 emitters with amazing results. Easy install ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBylborg on 06/12/2008

These units are small (17mm diameter, 3mm (approx) height) and easy to use if you have a good soldering iron. They provide good efficiency if Vin is close to Vout (4*NiMh with a 3.5 to 4.0Vf LED, for exemple). Reverse polarity protection is efficient and does not reduce performance (only the current needed by the chip itself flows thru the diode. The ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCheater512 on 04/02/2008

Dead simple to use and they seem to work fine. They dont get very warm while in use. I only noticed a slight temperature increase. I had to guess the pin out. Fortunately I guessed correctly. The center connection is GND for both power in and the LED. The outer ring is + for power in. The positive terminal for the LED is on the missing IC's place and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bychimo on 01/19/2008

-Inexpensive -Can disable/remove 1 or 2 of the 7135s if a lower current is desired -Thermal protection works -one of the boards had a mis-alligned 7135 soldered on -contact pads could be better marked Since this was a 10-pack, I tried pushing a board to its thermal limits by running it at full load and a varying input voltage to test how far it could ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byc654321c on 12/20/2007

Great little low priced regulators. Cheaper than many other boards that perform similar tasks. They only come in 10 and 20 packs. These require mid range input voltages. I tried to use these in a 3d 3 LED mod but I guess I didn't think of the tremendous draw from the cells. Needless to say it didn't work. You can only power 1 of these boards from 3 ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrizki_p on 11/03/2007

Cheap regulator. no modes. cable not soldered tp the board. need a good soldering hand. Better if cable is soldered to the board. Read more

0 0
  • posted bybryfos on 07/27/2007

Rugged well protected against ubuse, polarity protected via "idiot diodes", cheap, can be configd. for 350/700/1000ma with modification. very fiddly tho. Took me a while to sort out a fault with using one particular LED. see comments & questions. tiny to solder if you are not used to it. Have since used other led's with great success, ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjoe-dm on 06/26/2007

Regulated 1A output from 3xD sized alkaline cells in my MAGLite. Current draw from the batteries was approx 900-1000mA. Only supports up to 4.5V. Would be great to have a circuit that output 1A and could take a supply of 9V or greater. Bridging the jumpers to enable the 2nd and 3rd AMC7135 components is a delicate job if you only have a standard soldering ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections