DX » Community » Reviews » AMC7135 1050mA Regulated Circuit Board for DIY Flashlights 10-Pack
  • 5 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fantastic mid range driver

posted by gearhounds on 09/16/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Well made standard sized 17mm driver, works great with a single 18650 battery. Thanks to 3 AMC7135 chips, runs very bright all the way down to 3.4V or so before I could detect much dimming and still quite bright. In even a thin walled light does not make the emitter produce excessive heat. Drives R2, Q5, and Q2 emitters with amazing results. Easy install with only minor sanding of the edge and soldering is a snap. Only $1.66 per driver!

Cons:

None. Zip. Zero. Some state that the number you need to buy is a con but I disagree. They just don't have enough places to put them.

OtherThoughts:

This puppy will allow you to make a single 18650 push your emitter just as bright as 6-8V in the same setting. My UF 502b with a modded 11836 R2 is EXACTLY as bright as my C1 with the factory driver powered by 2 RCR123's at 8V. The caliper pic showing 17.8mm is incorrect; calipers are actually on the driver to driver packaging connection points and do not represent the actual diameter.

Bottomline:

BUY SOME. As far as I know, this is the only true 1000 mA, 1 mode driver offered by DX. If you want to break free of the dependance on CR123's (expensive, ecologically unsound), or RCR123's (short runtimes, inconsistant voltages between cells) now is your chance. I'm sure if DX offered this driver in smaller amounts (say, 3-5) they would sell a lot more. I am converting every light that will take 18650 or 17670 batteries as I find the time.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections