• 3 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 27% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 9% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• are mirrors on bicycle handlebars ever usable ?

posted by mnalis on 07/04/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- It is very cheap, so you can easily get one and see for yourself if a rearview mirror is something that is useful to you or not.

- it will bend to some degree

Cons:

- it is flat mirror. So it leaves something to be desired regarding field of view.

- if you don't have extended bars, you'll probably have trouble fitting it in a position in which it will show the road behind you. Wasn't problem for me, but it might be for you.

- when bending it, it will not stay in that position forever (due to vibrations if road is not very smooth), requiring you to adjust it from time to time.

- mine was also a little movable at joints, which I easily fixed with some glue.

Bottomline:

The biggest problem that I've found is that unless you ride you bike on very smooth asphalt it will shake. BADLY. So it might be good for a road, but anything even remotely off the road will make it unusable. Even when you barely notice it while cycling, your handlebard (and mirror on it) will shake badly.

But it looks to me like it will be problem with ANY mirror. And this is so cheap you can try to experiment and see if any mirror will work for you.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections