DX » Community » Reviews » 8-Pin Lightning Male to 30-Pin Female Adapter for Iphone 5 - Black
  • 5 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• One out of two worked

posted by Endurance on 06/14/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

After buying a new i-phone 5 and having old chargers for my car, office and home, I decided to pick a couple of these up rather than buying the full lightning wires. Of the two I bought, one works great, no problems.

Cons:

Of the two that I bought, one doesn't work. I plugged it in, then plugged my phone in and my computer came up with an error messages saying the USB port was demanding too much power. The phone never showed charging. I tried using it on another USB port with the same result.

Another downside it that it is charging only and does not transfer data in either direction.

OtherThoughts:

As more alternatives like cheaper multi-device cables come out, I plan on replacing this, but as a temporary cheap way to keep chargers everywhere I want one, it's a good solution.

Bottomline:

With only two purchased and one defective it's hard to conclude anything meaningful other than there are some bad ones out there. Given the number of old i-phone and i-pod cables it is nice to be able to have a way to preserve them.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections