Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nice product but not very convenient

posted by rastoma1 on 01/18/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The build quality seems to be very good. The tray to hold the slices is from a sturdy molded plastic. The slicer is VERY sharp.

Cons:

No English on the box anywhere. I don't know if there are instructions in Chinese on the box but definitely no English instructions. Of course no instructions are needed on how to slice a potato and place the slices in the slots, but it would be nice to have a guide on microwave cooking times such as recommended times and wattage settings.

OtherThoughts:

I have been very intrigued by the original potato chip maker that DX has. When this larger version came out I decided to finally get it. I have not been able to make a GOOD crispy potato chip YET. I have tried as long as 8 minutes cooking and only the edges get somewhat crispy (but still not the texture of a 'chip'). I am not sure what wattage my microwave is but it is just a couple of years old.

Also the holder that is included to hold the potato while slicing is useless. Do not let kids use this product. I sliced a DEEP cut on a finger after my hand slipped. It's not really a dangerous product but just needs extra attention when using. I was anxious and was trying to slice too FAST.

Bottomline:

I know people have gotten excellent results with the smaller version and I'm sure this one will too once I figure out exactly how long they need to cook. I still feel this is a product worth buying. But the results are going to vary due to all the different makes of microwaves and their cooking tendencies.

Post comment

DX Everywhere