Customer’s impression:
Muy bueno Норм. ultil Отл! спичко-зажигалка
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• not for smokers

posted by marcello7x on 01/26/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

it is very small. much smaller than i anticipated. would fit perfectly on a set of keys without making your keys more bulky. could definitely be used as a survival tool. very big flame once it lights up.

Cons:

sadly, i dont know where to start:

extremely difficult to get a flame started. somewhat difficult to refill if your not creative. the striker bends when i strike it. there are what looks like hair thin copper wires holding the wick that are getting loose and will fall off soon. if you use lantern oil like i did, dont expect to be able to use it without getting your fingers oily. you have to strike it real hard to get sparks going.

OtherThoughts:

this is definitely not something a daily smoker could use to light up. it takes way too long to get a good strike to ignite the wick. apparently the wiki said they used this to light up in the movie the maltese falcon but im guessing they had a more efficient version of this. i used lantern oil and filled it by gettin a straw and dipping it in the oil then using my finger to create a vacuum until i place the end in the body of this thing.

Bottomline:

its very shiny and will work if you have the time and patience. buy it for fun?

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections