Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• some really controversial gloves

posted by Aritomo on 06/06/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Complicated multi-layer build. The inner side of the hand is made of rubber, and the palm even has a second layer of rubber on it

-The outer side (which is made of some normal cloth) is, let's say, perforated, so that you wouldn't overheat too much

-Overall, seem pretty sturdy. THe edges are covered with additional strips of cloth, the fingers are done with 4 sides, rather than 2, etc.

-And yeah, they are mostly comfortable to train in - nothing rubs your palms, and the double rubber layer softens pressure

-Look pretty cool, despite the colors

Cons:

-The rubber smells like a whole car parts shop

-The build quality in reality is lower, than the look suggests. After the 4th training session the rubber layer tore between thumb and finger. After the 6th training session the cloth and the rubber in the same place, but on the other hand, separated along the stitch and the cloth already started to cover with fluff, plus the stripes at the fingers' edges started to tear along the stitches aswell. Plus, the decals are beginning to fall off (not that anyone needs them, but that should also give you an impression of the quality)

OtherThoughts:

Apart from better build quality, I'd also appreciate a model with those long belts or what you call it - the ones you use to wrap the gloves firmly around the wrists or attach yourself to the weights

Bottomline:

You should probably buy these only if the typical price in your country is much higher. Since this isn't the case for me, I guess I have the moral right to say that these gloves cost too much for something that barely lasted a week in the gym.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections