DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire A10 HA-III Cree Q5-WC HA-III 220-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 38 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 13 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Impressivly Bright

posted by SiOwl on 05/29/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Excellent light with a dazzlingly bright beam, do not look into the beam unless you want to spend the next five minutes with debilitating afterimages. Useful beam of light out to 70-100ft. This with a standard AA battery.

The entire assembly can be easily disassembled. A big plus for those of us who like to tinker.

Stands on head and tail. Nice, positive action rear clicky. Nice feel in the hand when working, knurled texture is non-slip even when sweaty. Nicely balanced white with no noticeable blue or violet tinge.

This will be my new daily carry light, since I work at an observatory I am in the dark, a lot, and take flashlights seriously.

Cons:

Delivered without the lens! I found a replacement from an older light I had.

Good design and parts, but assembled without good quality control. A few minutes disassembling, cleaning the threads and brushing out bits of manufacturing crud helped enormously.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Good value, a light that would cost multiples of the price if purchased retail in the US.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections