DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire A10 HA-III Cree Q5-WC HA-III 220-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 29 ( 69% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent, bright, compact flashlight!

posted by jeffwazz on 05/30/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is an excellent compact flashlight. Very bright from a single AA cell. Pulls approx 1amp from a (duracell) alkaline, and a wee bit over 2amps from a good NiMH. The Q5 cree emitter is a very good choice, tint stated as WC and seems to match well with my R2WC emitters from other sources.

O-rings at lens, head and tail joints ensure a waterproof light. Tested (accidentally) in garden water-butt to arms-depth!

Good uniform coating, seems fairly hard and hasn't been beaten up by my keys carried in same pocket.

Glass lens, nice and thick, seems to be coated, and has ground edges for a higher quality feel.

Nice rev-clickie, and GITD switch boot feel good and I've not broken it yet despite frantic clicking and flashing.

Knurling and threads cut well, all joints match up beautifully.

Cons:

Mine came with only one thread lubed. Not serious as everything gets stripped, inspected, cleaned and re-lubed.

OtherThoughts:

The anodise colour is very nice, works well with the GITD tailcap and grey supplied lanyard.

All components can be accessed so modding driver and emitter upgrades are possible.

Bottomline:

Very nice pocketable bright EDC flashlight. Worth buying.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections