DX » Community » Reviews » 23.36mm Optics/Light Diffusers for Cree Emitters (Glass/5-Pack)
  • 5 star 8 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylevcdmen on 03/09/2013

The lens are small,light and made of plastic material. It fits perfectly on cree led emitters, it clicks on a led tight so it holds it good. The beam should be more focused, lots of light luses around the spot. Could melt if used on high powered leds that get very hot, but for its price it is exeptible. Its hard to get it off. The lens are great for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshing97 on 03/05/2011

It is affordable and useful. It is shorter than the silver reflector that most LEDs use, so it is easily to be fit in most flashlights. When I modified some of my old fashion 14 LEDs flashlights, this diffuser can fit them perfectly, but typical silver reflector cannot because they are too long. Furthermore, they just works almost the same. This diffuser ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDARIOPRI on 01/27/2011

I had doubts about the degree of the lens but as I get the first thing I did was provide them with the protractor. They fit in very well CREE LED, while removing costs a little The interior would be nice to come painted in silver, I painted and I have gotten a lot more light. I would like to have glasses like this but more variety of angles, could make ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytechtrader on 06/29/2010

Very compact and light, these lenses clip onto the CREE emitters very firmly - so much that taking the lens off can be enough to damage the emitter. Very efficient at focusing the light into a tight beam - probably about 8 degrees. Simple but brilliant. None really. Shame you don't sell 30, 45, 60 and 80 degree ones that attach themselves to CREE emitters ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygcbryan on 02/09/2010

I was surprised at how well I liked these given the price and given the fact that they are plastic. They just snap on to Cree XR-E emitters and produce a beam that is better (in my opinion) than the two aluminum reflectors that I replaced. They appear to have a nice well defined 8 degree hotspot and some spill that doesn't have a hard outer edge like ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bychopperdave on 02/05/2010

Fits so snugly on sku.15943 that I'm afraid I'll break the LED if I try to pull it off. No glue required for this LED/optics combination. It also works well on sku.4516, and gives a wider beam, but it won't stay on without glue. none so far. I'm using these to build bike lights, and I need the finished project to be tough enough to take the knocks of ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybigricesack on 12/16/2009

Gives a nice beam and seems to be very efficient. Seems excellent for flashlights or spots (it has a narrow beam). Not so easy to mount; there are no screw holes or another easy way to get grip on the reflector. With LED sku.13612 the beam center is blueish and the edge is greenish/yellow, but this is a fault of the LED. With the RGB LED sku.4530 it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykaltsas on 04/30/2009

~ Silly cheap ~ works great, gives a fine beam ~ you might need to eat away a small amount of plastic to fit onto the cree xr-e These are some super cheap lenses that generally fit onto the cree xre power leds. They give a nice ~8-10 degree beam with no obvious artifacts. The plastic may need a little eating away to fit onto the led but this is a very ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKentS on 12/05/2008

Ridiculous price. I would have paid this sum for one of them had I known how good they were. Installation is done in a second. You don't even have to glue it ones its snapped on. I put it on a R2 premium star. Beam profile is perfect for bicycling. Unlike many other optics it has some reflective coating on the outside, so very little light is lost. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byslamck on 07/16/2008

It fits perfectly on the Cree Q5 emitters. The installation cannot be any easier. If you want it to stay on permanently, just add a drop of glue and you are done. The optics is very good too. It produces a nice roughly 10 degree round bright spot with even surrounding. It is made of plastic, not glass as shown in the description. So heat could be a ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections