Customer’s impression:
Great build quality Not recommended in traffic Great for night offroad
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent quality product

posted by didisoft on 05/10/2013
    24 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Considering the price, this is a good deal. There is nothing to comment regarding component's quality. The CNC aluminum housing and the mirror finish is well made. The driver circuit is clean and all electronic parts are well fitted and welded. I didn't measured yet the full load current but I think there is room for tweaking.

Cons:

Even if quality of the component is good, the quality of assembly is a totally mess.
    The are many issues.
    Here are some of them:
    Connection wire between circuit board and led is almost in short circuit.
    There is no water tightness because the thickness of the silicon gasket is too small.
    I found no silicon grease on gasket.
    There is a very poor heat conductivity between led mirror and the outer housing. Actually, the mirror is kind of dancing inside even if the lamp is fully closed.

OtherThoughts:

This product is not to be used immediately after unpacking. Actually you will get almost everything you need to build a good headlamp (a kit) . Consider only the price for 5 pieces of XM-L T6 leds.

Bottomline:

You need to make some adjustments and you got yourself a very nice head light for a decent price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections