DX » Community » Reviews » Premium Quality Screen Protectors Set for NDSi/DSi (2-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 10 ( 59% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good Protectors

posted by Darkblade48 on 06/19/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Excellent product, especially for the cheap price. Does what it is supposed to do (namely, protect the screen).

Cons:

I don't understand why there is a price difference between SKU 18115. I ordered both 18115 and 19245, but the packaging appears exactly the same.

One gripe I have is with the difficulty in applying the protective films. If you haven't done it before, you might want to order several of these, just in case you make a mistake. I've had practice doing this before, and it's still quite difficult.

In addition, these screens scratch much faster and more easily than the genuine Hori branded screen protectors. These look like the real Hori protectors, but...well, you never know. At least they were much cheaper than the genuine thing.

Another detraction is the size of the protectors. They will leave a slight border around the screen, meaning that dust will accumulate between the screen and the edge of the protective film.

OtherThoughts:

The most important thing to keep in mind when applying these films is to ensure that the screens are extremely clean and free of any dust. If there is even a tiny piece of dust on the screen, it will show up when you apply the screen protectors, and will surely annoy you to no ends.

Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure you have the top and bottom screen protectors sorted out before applying them. For the NDSi, the two screen sizes are different, so make sure you know which is which.

Bottomline:

Definitely worth the price. A set of genuine Hori screen protectors might set you back about $8 - 10, whereas these can be had for $1.20. Even though they wear out faster than their genuine counterpart, you can easily purchase several of these to make up for their shorter lifespan.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections