DX » Community » Reviews » MB_Due Singlechip Development Board - White + Black (7~23V)
  • 5 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Arduino Due-compatible board!

posted by pcmihnea on 09/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I am aware that not buying one of the official boards means not supporting the Arduino project, but unfortunately I'm more limited at how much money I can spend. At 2/3~1/2 of the price of the official one, I get the same(?) performances. So, that's still something. Even though it's $3.10 more than the original source (ElecFreaks), it's more reliable and trust-worthy to buy it from here. It isn't identical to the official one, as stated on their site ("we modified the DC input current from Max 800mA to Max 2A and input voltage from 7-20V to 7-23V."), but those modifications are to be considered more advantageous for the user, being that it's still 100% compatible.

Cons:

The board color could have been better, plus the silkscreen's quality is quite unsatisfying for those keen on the details, but it works.

OtherThoughts:

The main advantage of this board over the other Arduino ones is that it is the only one with DAC ports and has a more powerful processor, thus more possibilities of projects!

Bottomline:

If you're in need of the most powerful board in the Arduino family as of today, but a bit short-funded, this is the best one so far!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections