DX » Community » Reviews » Car Charger Cigarette Adapter for Asus 7" Eee PC 700/701 UMPC Laptops (DC 9.5V 2.5A Out)
  • 5 star 6 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byHugoH1961 on 09/11/2012

->It's a fine small working cigarette adapter ->very little warmth production ->I use it for powering my 10.1 inch tablet (I just had to made an adapter jack for going to an 1,7mm jack- None! (if you would calling it a cons, just because i had to make an adapter jack....but that of course my choice which i knew beforehand) I buy most of my ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byProDigit on 11/13/2011

Does what it's supposed to do, Has a red led as power indicator, silent switching (almost inaudible), Runs cooler than the wall ac adapter. Probably cheapest Eeepc adapter online! It sometimes has bad contact with the car plug, but could also be because of the car's female plug. I'm a bit skeptical about the copper used in the wire. It may give bad ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykarosa on 08/18/2010

* It does what it's supposed to * I've checked the board in mine as soon as it arrived (partly because of deluded's review here and because I had a different type of cheapo charger - not a DX buy - spontaneously combust on me before). I was happy to find that everything was soldered down perfectly. It's a well-made board. * Efficient switch-mode step-... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytobixen2 on 03/29/2010

Small and compact Works well for me Practical design No cons to report (I see others are complaining about the build quality - I haven't studied it, can only say that I haven't had problems with it so far) I didn't measure the output voltage, and I don't know how well it smooths out voltage ripples from the engine. I once connected a 12v laptop directly ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMalinowiy on 12/23/2009

Works out of the box. Small size. Good schematics - should be efficient. Mine had 10.5V. Red led is very bright. May irritate at night, if the plug in your car is in side vision zone. However - clearly visible on daytime. The wire is PVC, it becomes solid (and easy to brake) if the temperature drops more than -20?. Just wait until your car warms up.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydeluded on 06/12/2009

Small size Correct voltage out Efficient voltage regulator on board (APW7080) Has a red LED to show it's powered up Didn't work when I got it. Just tried using this a few hours ago during a power cut, and my EEE was out of juice but it didn't work. However, since I know a bit about these sort of things, I've opened it up and found that the inductor ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDamoDX on 05/27/2009

Works just as it should. Cheap and Compact! Being black in colour it doesn't match my white EeePC 701. Forget trying to find an EeePC car charger in any retail shops in Australia. You would have to pay around 15 times this price for a much larger universal laptop charger or a bulky 12-240volt Inverter for 10 times the price. I did get an inverter to ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections