DX » Community » Reviews » Nintendo DS Lite Portable Entertainment Console - Black (Refurbished)
  • 5 star 19 ( 83% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A real gamble pays off nicely.

posted by Mahussen on 03/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

The price on this is amazing, I saved a good AU$100. Console appears to work perfectly, not a single dead pixel, battery comes fully charged. This would make a perfect gift. I plan to buy more of these.

Cons:

There is only a few things that are a little sketchy about this console. The box is CLEARLY a fake, as is the contents. When you look at the DS itself, you can tell it's a fake. It feels a lot more plastic than the real console. The buttons are a little odd (though they work fine). The touchscreen is definitely a struggle at first, but I managed to 'wear it in' in PicToChat by just scribbling.

OtherThoughts:

I never expected much from this purchase, because from what I read, apparently half of them come DOA and won't even turn on. I guess I got lucky. For the price, I took the gamble. If you can afford to take the risk, I definitely recommend you to, because it pays off if you get lucky :) An additional note for us Australian gamers, for this console you will need to purchase a USB charger for the DS because the power supply that comes with the DS doesn't work in our country.

Bottomline:

If you can afford to take the risk, do it!
    If you really cannot afford to lose the money if it arrives broken... DO NOT BUY!
    I'm just lucky.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections