Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Not overrated
    -Not oversized
    -Well built

Cons:

None

Bottomline:

One reviewer said that these are identical to the more expensive sku#3435, except that they are slightly wider, creating potential fitment issues. I have several torches that accept 14500 cells, including a couple of K-106's (which at least one reviewer said was a tight fit with these cells) and all fit just fine. The capacity seems to have held up as well over 4 months of regular use. If there are slight differences between batches in the DX warehouse, I suspect it's more a matter of "chance" than the sku# you order, since the warehouse employees tend to grab whatever product is within reach since they can't tell the difference without using a caliper. Maybe I just got lucky (others have also then) but I can't see any reason to pay the extra $ to order #3435 unless I saw the difference myself. Even the reviewer that said these were wider only said they were "tight" in his K-106, not that they wouldn't fit.
    I haven't measured capacity, but at similar brightness, they seem to come close in runtime to my Duracell 2650mAh 1.2v AAs, which is roughly the same capacity, so I'd say they're around 700-800 mAh, which is pretty good. I wish there were more options in this cell size, but the trustfire/ultrafire cells seem to be the only rechargeables I can find. Hopefully some other manufacturer(s) will start making them and hopefully we'll start seeing some higher capacities become available. I found some 2600mAh primaries online, but they were at least 3 times as much and I hate primaries anyway lol.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections