DX » Community » Reviews » Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus 10" Eee PC 1000 UMPC Laptops
  • 5 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Read Before Buying!

posted by switchdoctor on 06/02/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

IF you are VERY comfortable in taking nearly EVERY single screw out of your EEEPC and laying it out all over the table, this is for you! But if you are not familiar with insides of laptops then YOU WILL LIKELY KILL YOUR COMPUTER! And since this voids warranty anyway- you need skills!

Cons:

It is CERTAINLY not BLUETOOTH at all, the mini PCB is a USB HUB which plugs into the CAMERA port (the mini webcam is USB inside the EEEPC). And it is NOT driverless- however the drivers (in XP use the BETA version) are awesome.

OtherThoughts:

Took about 2.5 hours to complete (ok, my drinking slowed me down) But this very nice mod comes with NO INSTRUCTIONS. (you can find instructions on YOUTUBE I found out later!) I also suggest getting a screen protector for the finished product. The hub has extra ports, so I am considering modding a USB GPS RVCR for internal use on an extra port!

Bottomline:

Very finger friendly, multi mode drivers allow setup to "click on release", "click on touch", "movement only", etc. Just remember; in WinXP you need the RESISTIVE "BETA" version of the drivers from the CD included. - Too bad they did not include a little tape to secure the panel, but scotch tape works good enough. Nor did they include any adhesive to mount the "hub" so you will need a double sided foam tape.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections