Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great Deal! But make sure you get a drivers disk!

posted by Schrek on 10/13/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

GReat price and well made piece of electronics. As long as you know how to take the netbook apart and are handy with screwdrivers you're set.

Cons:

Not innately compatable with Windows 7. When I installed it with Win7 the OS recognized it, but couldn't calibrate it properly. I RMA my first screen because of this. MY second screen works great. It's worth mentioning that I RMA'ed the first screen because DX didn't include any drivers (on CD) with the screen. I didn't know the screen was supposed to come with drivers. I received my second screen with drivers, installed it, and it worked great.

OtherThoughts:

Installed on an ASUS 1000HE running Win 7 Pro. Tested under Win XP, Win 7 Ultimate Beta and RC 7110.

Bottomline:

Great screen. Was shipped in a foam lined box inside of a padded envelope and arrived in great condition. If the CD with the drivers had been included in the first shipment I would have been really happy--as it was it took a couple months for to get a replacement (Backordered) but when it did show up it had all the required doumentation.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections