Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bytexassplit on 08/25/2014

Pros: Stirdy, relatively good quality, and you can print and customize it as you want, with regular printout paper. Fits perfectly to the Raspberry Pi. Cons: Can be a bit tricky to assemble at first, but as you get the hang of it, it's not an issue. Good worth, if you own an Raspberry Pi, and if you want an housing which you can customize, or be as ... Read more

Impression:Quality housing for Raspberry Pi,Good worth;

0 0
  • posted bypmcheng on 06/30/2014

1 no screws , no glue 2 has protective film 3 very reasonably priced 1 No instructions 2 Printed Labels on the acrylic is not consistent, some printed on the Outside, some inside, plus the "5V 1A DC" Label is located on the reversed making it illegible Maybe it's just my version, but the piece with SD card slot is NOT exactly a perfect fit ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymonkeyman3 on 06/26/2014

Easy to set up and looks good. Still very sturdy even if you don't put the top part so you can use an LCD display with pins. It will break no matter how gentle you are if you try to disassemble it. The hole for the power isn't properly lined up so I had to make it bigger for the plug to fit, which was quite tricky given the thickness of the plastic.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvaettir on 06/26/2014

This case looks very good, comes with protective film so it won't scratch until you peel it off. It's easy to assemble, the Pi fits snuggly inside. I have another acrylic case from adafruit that is a bit too large. This one is perfect. Has holes to access all connections, including gpio and a ventilation hole right above the main chip. Top plate is ... Read more

Lid open
    0 0
  • posted bysfritz on 06/18/2014

Does what it is supposed to at best price. Easy to use... But hard to mount. The plastic is a bit fragile and it needs to be forced to mount the parts together. A small part of mine broke when I mounted the parts together, but it is still usefull. It is possible to rotate the upper part to take the raspberry out without unmounting the plastic parts.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCubytus on 06/14/2014

Very cheap enclosure. Well thought with its round hole above the CPU. Case is built to tight tolerances. Brittle plastic. I broke a tab when reassembling it around another Raspberry Pi I had, even with as much car as I could. Space for the Pi has loose tolerance (sic). An ex-centered hole for the Pi camera would have been a nice touch, as well as different ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byv2arm on 06/10/2014

It's the cheapest case available (but kinda too much for some cut acrylic). It's clear,so it looks really nice.Almost like glass. All the necessary holes are cut precisely and my raspberry Pi fit perfectly. Maybe I just got one form a bad batch,but mine was really fragile.First day,one of the legs broke,but I did not mind. I super glued it back on and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydx8666 on 05/30/2014

The parts are delivered with protective foil so there will be no scratches. Nice transparent case with holes for expansion cables and labels on connectors. The photo product is upside down as the big circle is on the top for cooling You need to build the case from the parts. The smallest two sides are used last when assembling. You need to have the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjaggill23 on 05/19/2014

Assembly takes a little understanding as to how the parts all fit together, but once you figure it out they all snap into place. Comes wrapped in a dull plastic covering on all pieces to prevent scratches. It has many slots and one big hole for heat to escape. I accidentally cracked one of the legs that snap into place by applying too much pressure ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byStamster on 05/17/2014

Good packaging, great quality, protective slip is glued on each and every side/part of the case. Material used is very good. Almost none, but lack of setup instructions is something which can add complexity for many users in order to build the case. Personally I struggled for ~15 minutes, but I guess the first time is hardest time :) Another thing I'... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections