Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Value for Money Gadget

posted by leclair on 03/29/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

1. Transmits signals very well. Compared with another gadget which had so much distortion that you just had to throw it away.
    2. There is an adjustment knob at the back which allows you to tighten and fix the angle of the gadget.
    3. I have tried it on a IPHONE 3GS - it is able to charge and play from the ipod function !!!
    4. Some other similar gadgets selling for 3 times the price here and probably do not work as well.
    5. Now i remember there is also a USB port as well as a MP3 line in port. Never use the MP3 line in as i have the ipod. USB port - see under cons

Cons:

1. the Mounting pad thou adjustable from the 2 sides is not secure enough. Ipod Classic(which I have been using) is still alright. But iphone will slip out quite easily cos the the "base" does not come up/long enough to hold the iphone. You have to add a elastic band or something else to secure it.
    2. the "neck" is a bit too short for my HONDA STREAM, thus the pad cannot be tilt back far enough for better holding. An adjustable length neck will be better.
    3. Mine is black color. I think there was no white color then. Or even now?? White will look classier thou black is stain resistant.
    4. USB port - After i gotten the iphone , i tried with both the iphone usb charging cable and the ipod usb charging cable. BOTH FAILED to charge the iphone. SO it should be that the usb should be an IN port. But never tested it with any thumbdrive. Others may have written/ tried it but i dont know.

OtherThoughts:

i am going to install a ipod adaptor to my car in car entertainment system, so this transmitter will be use as my car charger for my iphone 3GS.

Bottomline:

BUy this if you do not have a ipod cable/adaptor to your head unit.
    Doubles up as a Car charger as well.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections