DX » Community » Reviews » SpiderFire SSC P7 SSC P7-C 2-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650)
  • 5 star 30 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 13 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• This a one of the best SSC P7 Flashlights from DX

posted by FlashlightUser on 07/09/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I just got this Flashlight and so far so good. Has 2 levels and the highest level is pretty bright(I compared it to my Tiablo light which has output of 700 lumens and this light comes pretty close). After 10 minutes of holding, it gets a little warm and after 15-20 minutes gets fairly warm but still holdable. After 30 minutes it gets hot and i recommend not keeping it that long as it will burn both your hands and the flashlight itself. This holds true for almost any single 18650 SSC P7 flashlight no matter how expensive it is. There is not enough surface area or heat sink to take all that heat which is produced. I simply switch to low mode(about 150 lumens based on my eye) after 20 minutes of high and i am fine. I just bought this for fun and portability when i go for small walks and so far it's doing that perfectly. For the price, it's one of the best out there.

Cons:

My sample emitter is not perfectly centered but is close. The beam does had small dark spot in the middle when you look on a white wall at 1m and disappears when you go farther. But it doesn't make too much difference in real life.

OtherThoughts:

Quality of the materials used are not bad but i wonder how long it will last.

Bottomline:

It's small, light, super bright and cheap.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections