Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• good

posted by rrobsonm on 06/21/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Price. For the same price as an average rechargable NiMh AA cell you have a Li-Ion cell. So come on, even if they would have less capacity than advertised, it is still an excellent deal.

-They work as advertised, unprotected cheap cells for any 3.7V AA size application.

Cons:

Did not (on my Ultarfire C3) perform better than a rechargable 1.5 nicad battery (slightly better but not much).

I would recommend anyone thinking of getting 14500 batteries for their flashlight or similar to go with the Trustfire 14500, 900mAh batteries; http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26124 - than these ones. The Trustfire ones are the way to go. POWER!

Sorry DX, but these were my first dissapointment in all items I have ordered. They act like normal 1.5v rechargeables :(.

OtherThoughts:

The best thing about these unprotected cells is that they are no larger in diameter, nor longer than typical 14500 cells. They fit in everything that is designed for "AA" cells. Check before you try to use them in "anything" though, as the voltage is considerably higher than an "AA" alkaline or NiMH/NiCd.

Bottomline:

f you need 4.2V in AA size you could do much worse!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections