• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good but has some shortcomings

posted by timmans on 06/23/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Professional looking camera. Quite unobtrusive and during the day, can be quite hard to see where the camera is pointing.

Cons:

To change to focus of the camera, you need to remove the IR-LED plate to access the locking screw of the lens (see below). A much better option would be to use a spring rather than a screw to lock the lens.

I have purchased a few of these and I have noticed some quite variable quality:

- Some of the cameras have screwed-in IR-LED plates and others have glued in plates. Glued in plates make it next to impossible to change to focus of the camera (see above).

- Pictures during daylight are uniformly ok but some of the cameras pictures are incredibly grainy at night and others have a fine picture. I have played around and it seems to be a camera problem rather than a power/cable etc problem.

OtherThoughts:

Not a bad camera but can be a bit of a lottery depending on the build quality.

Bottomline:

Buy it if you are using during the day or are not too fussy with image quality at night.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections