• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good collection of soldering tools

posted by blackjudas on 10/17/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

A wide assortment of soldering tools for specific tasks

Cons:

Handles are cheap and uncomfortable

OtherThoughts:

Each of the 6 implements serve a specific purpose. Each one has the same tool with a different angle or width. The hook has two different sized hooks for pulling on through hole components when desoldering. The chisel has a flat end and an angled end, great for cutting traces on vero board or prying on components. The pick is great for removing solder from shorted leads.

One thing I noticed is that the back of the package attempts to explain through drawings on how to use each tool and when/where it would be useful. I'd recommend this to anyone looking at easier or beginner soldering tasks.

The one gripe I have is the plastic blue handle in the center, really cheap plastic that hurts after a while, it's hexagon shaped and runs the length of the tool.

I'd pay more if the handles had a soft rubber coating or something similar.

Bottomline:

Overall, great tools for beginners and experts alike, already used two of them in tight spaces on the first day I got them and it saved me time. I didn't have to use my fat fingers to try to pull on those pesky tiny resistors.

Great for precision work.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections