There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very flimsy

posted by pofosho on 07/18/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The price is right. Really I thought I would be getting something decent based on the earlier reviews. I do agree with the review before mine that it looks like a new company is making these now. See the cons below for some of the problems.

Cons:

Plastic is very thin and flimsy. I wasn't expecting the world with this thing given the low price point but it feels like it is going to crack just by looking at it. You have to be very careful when putting it on your DS. After getting it, you may even decide it isn't worth risking your DS just to try this.

OtherThoughts:

I got it on and off but it isn't as easy as it should be. I am don't rough with my DS. I don't drop it a lot and always keep it in a bag or pouch when I'm traveling with it. I didn't expect this to be something that would hold up in a fall (which I can't imagine it would) but I did at least think it wouldn't sratch (which it does very easy).

Bottomline:

Honestly if you need something to protect from a fall, go with something like nerf armor. They are bulky but they work. My little cousin drops his DS all the time but he has that and his DS has never missed a beat. The only problem with nerf armor is that after a while the squishy coating starts to peel and so it starts to come off. The up side is at least there is a hard plastic case under it which still does a decent job.

If you want a cheap way to put stickers or something on your DS without putting them on your actual DS then this might be ok for you. Otherwise, buy one that is a little better.

At this price you can't go wrong. DX is an awesome place. If you have never bought from them, make this your first order. You won't find a better price anywhere online. My recent orders have been shipped really fast too, way sooner than the quoted time so don't let the potential wait scare you off. DX has great products and even better prices. With all that said, I'd still buy a different model from this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections