Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Looks durable

posted by moreorless on 11/20/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This coax cable assembly looks well made. You can screw off the larger part of the male UHF connector so the end is smaller if you would like to snake it through a small opening or along trim on a car. The small coax near the UHF antenna jack is so that it will not be crushed easily in the gasket of a trunk, hatchback , or door. I opened the bottom of the antenna jack is a screw in plug so I opened it and the solder joint looked good , the grounding braid must be compressed where it enters the jack. This was packaged in a vinyl bag labeled Nagoya .

Cons:

Only time will tell how the parts of the antenna jack and coax that are exposed to the weather and sunlight will hold up . I have only ever had black coax so this transparent jacket is new to me and could possibly be an issue from sunlight UV rays in a few years.

OtherThoughts:

I may fill the bottom of the antenna jack area where the solder joint is with some kind of non conductive dielectric just to make sure no moisture can get in there - though just putting some sealer on the threads of the access plug would also do the job.

Bottomline:

I ordered mobile mounts SKU: 107018
    Nagoya RB-400 and SKU: 115413
    K33 Stainless Steel Antenna Hatchback Mount to use with this coax assembly

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections