Customer’s impression:
muito bom Great! perfect product ultra bright MUY LUMINOSO Excellent quality and good price
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Really excellent value

posted by AlphageekYVR on 05/01/2013
    8 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

This thing is as bright as advertised, and lemme tell you, that is BRIGHT! I accidentally looked at it for a split second and I had retina burn for 5 minutes. Seriously, it is so bright, that for my application (above bed reading light) I had to insert a 2W 30 ohm resistor in series to bring the luminosity down.

Really, none but I would have like better terminations for the power leads. I suspect the pads (gold-plated!) on the strip (on both ends) are meant for a special connector and you have to solder VERY carefully or you'll short the power out to the aluminum backing.

Contrary to what others have posted about these strips (there are quite a few for sale here on DX or varying sizes and specifications) these are "LED modules" and have a built-in current limiting resistor so they can be driven directly (they're 12v so that should tell you something). Consider carefully your choice in brightness on these (lumens) as I opted for too bright. A typical 60watt incandescent puts out about 800-850 lumens, BUT that's in a near-spherical light-cast. This means, that because this is a strip, it is much more directional and you get (for this one) 1000+ lumens radiated to a much smaller volume than an incandescent bulb of similar luminosity.

I have also affixed a small strip aluminum heatsink to the aluminum backing as this thing gets very hot quick quickly.

These things are awesome for general lighting applications.

Post comment

DX Everywhere