Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Swiss knife of photography :)

posted by saabie on 03/31/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very useful and practical! Can also be used as a ball head on a tripod, or if you take it apart, you have a handful of different adaptors (hotshoe to screw, screw to hotshoe, 1/4" to 3/8" thread screw , etc...)

Good material, very robust. Holds even a DSLR with medium-tele lens, stable and easily.

Price is really good, same device (distributed by Kais*r Fototechnik) costs here ~ 45$

Cons:

The surface of the ball is a bit rough, so the joint moves a bit uneven at first. But after a few weeks of use, it "polishes" itself, so now it's perfectly smooth.

OtherThoughts:

The product I received matches the DX photos, except for the "Phottix" label which was missing. But who cares?

Bottomline:

A really useful multifunctional tool. I only hoped it would be good enough to hold a flash and an umbrella on a tripod, but it turned out to be more versatile and really useful.

I also use it instead of the clumsy plastic head of my H*ma tripod. It's much smaller, really stable, and easier to adjust for macro photography.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections