Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great little charger!

posted by m4040 on 05/26/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

This little charger is quite compact. It should probably be offered with a wall adapter, or at least have a link to the correct one on this page. However, I have a need to charge a bunch of 3-cell lipos at once. I simply cut the alligator clips off, stripped and spliced all the wires together, and hooked the resulting octopus of chargers to a computer power supply (cheapest source of 12VDC power you're going to find). Now I have a master charging station that can do a bunch of batteries at once. Even the most expensive lipo balance chargers don't do that!

Build quality isn't great, but for the price, it's about what I'd expect. As mentioned by others, there's some heat given off but nothing too bad. Whereas I use it with an ATX power supply, I make sure the fans blow across these. A couple of mine make a very quiet, but high pitched noise (like maybe a diode is oscillating in there?).

These are great if you either (a) use lipos in the field and need to charge from a car battery, or (b) you want to gang a bunch together from a single big 12VDC power source to do multiple battery charging at once.

Great little units for the price, especially if you're buying several. You won't find them cheaper. Just know that they don't come with the plug (DX - Get on that... offer the same thing with a decent wall adapter, maybe about 1.5A?)

Post comment

DX Everywhere