DX » Community » Reviews » 01 IDE / SATA to USB Converting DVD-RW Drive Box Enclosure for Laptops - Silvery White + Black
  • 5 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 83% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymaques on 06/25/2014

Nice, slim dvd-enclosure for DVD-drive taken from my 2009 macbook pro 13". Fits perfectly, only had to remove 2 small plastic tabs, so the case fitted together as it should be! Really slim case and worked out of the box! None so far. And hope it stays that way. If you need it, buy this one, works as it should, out of the box :) If you removed your ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byionutepure on 04/01/2014

It is very good looking; looks almost like a factory external optical drive it's thin, well polished and it's closing very tight There are no instructions for assembly. You have to measure your optical drive; if its thicker than 9.5 mm just place it in and you're done. if it's 9.5 mm, just cut or break those plastic thingies which are marked with scissors ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKevinlimse on 01/01/2014

Metal Base with rubberised feet, gives it weight so that the drive will be more stable when spinning. Fits snug and sleek. Fitted with disc drive taken from a macbookpro unibody 9.5mm Plastic top shell, would love for it to be machined aluminium but for this price who can complain. Furthermore, the plastic makes it easier to remove the bottom cover ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysbtracky on 12/05/2013

It totally useful to set up an external optical drive using your recent removed Apple Optical Drive from your MacBook Pro. The optical drive fits perfectly in the case and interface with Mac or Windows machine works perfectly. Doesn't need any external power supply to work, so you can use only your USB port. The base of product doesn't sustain the drive ... Read more

1 1
  • posted byhajduk78 on 08/18/2013

Very good price. You won't find any other place at this price. No user manual. For slim drives, you need to cut off the two notches, otherwise you get stuck as I did, and you need to reopen the case, which is very difficult, as it has a very tight fit. USB plug has a small crack on it, but it works fine, and it is not a big deal. If you need it, you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byplenum on 07/02/2013

It comes 2 pieces. The silvery plastic is for the top case and the metal part is for the bottom. Nicely built after assembly. No manual for assembly instruction. The tolerance is tight, once it locks it is very difficult to re-open. I got mine scratches a bit at the back as I needed to re-open after realizing it HAS 2 notches one for standard and the ... Read more

4 2

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections