• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice barcode scanner !

posted by DaMintGum on 08/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It works well and is incredibly cheap ! Not the fastest scanner I've used, but fast enough for a lot of tasks (including mines, so no complain :D ).
    The manual is in a comprehensible "English".
    There is a LOT of options !
    The battery holds a few day with light usage (about 100 scans per day).
    Distance from the dongle varies, but in my experience, was at least 5m. If the dongle is not in range or not connected, the scanner emit a sound indicating the code could not be transferred.
    It fell once on the ground from 1m without a scratch...

Cons:

It doesn't seem like it's really a Bluetooth design (or it is only paired with the dongle). As expected, the antenna is a fake one, but it really is just aesthetic...
    The charging cable is a bit hard to remove, you need to use a pin to get it out of the socket. You might see this a pro, but there might be a simpler way of securing the connection.
    The keyboard mapping for the dongle seems to be only using a US layout.

OtherThoughts:

I haven't tried all the options available and only scanned EAN-13 codes, using the dongle as a keyboard (US keyboard only ?). But other options are available, such as RS232. You can also choose the confirmation key (return, tab, ...).

Bottomline:

For this price, you can't go wrong, even if it doesn't seem like a real Bluetooth device. If you need a barcode scanner for a light use, go for it ! And having wireless is really neat !

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections