DX » Community » Reviews » RII RT-MWK13 Mini Wireless Keyboard + IR Remote + Air Mouse + Audio Chat + Microphone
  • 5 star 4 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality, works well!

posted by darkcrow101 on 05/24/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- IR remote learns easily
    - IR remote still works when keyboard/mouse is switched off (so you don't waste battery)
    - Gyration mouse is accurate and works well with Windows 8, sensitivity can be adjusted
    - Comfortable in hand and almost too light weight
    - No additional drivers needed in Windows 7/8
    - Audio speaker and microphone work well, It shows up as a selectable audio device in Windows

Cons:

- For the IR remote, the arrow keys should have been at thumb level, not the numbers...
    - There are two mute buttons for some reason, and no "Stop" button...
    - No indication of what the "Macro" button is supposed to do in the manual, seems like it would be a useful function
    - On the keyboard side, there are no F1-F12 keys...so no ability to ALT+F4 for example
    - Bizarre hidden key combinations to calibrate the g sensor, adjust sensitivity, etc. (SO DON'T LOSE THE MANUAL)

OtherThoughts:

This is a good all around solution for HTPC users.... I myself use it for my satellite, htpc and tv. Works well with all 3 after teaching it the IR codes, so now I can just use one remote.

Works well with Windows 8 since the MCE remote does not control new W8 apps like Netflix

Bottomline:

Highly recommended. Great quality as expected from the RII line of mini keyboards

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections