There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect in every way!

posted by danh9341 on 10/31/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

My laptop (connected to a projector) Instantly recognised the dongle and works beautifully as a wii style remote control for the laptop/projected screen.

I effortlessly programmed the LG smart tv, Denon audio amp, DVD player, projector, DVR, Remote LED colour lights (highly recommend remote lighting too) the air conditioner. It's disturbingly fast & simple to setup!

-user friendly English instruction manual.
    -instructions say 99.9% compatibility.
    -easy to change the setting if you make mistakes or update tech.
    -Remote charges off USB, no more batteries!

Cons:

Cons: I'm scrapping the barrel to think of negatives:
    I'd love it (not that any do) if they came with 2 dongles and a A/B dongle button. This way you could 'Wii/qwerty' control two devices PC and XBOX.. I'd pay extra for the deluxe multi mouse version.

An app or software to recognise the mouse and keyboard instead of using dongles...

No sorry I can't think of any downsides, just buy it.
    -Nothing in the instructions on how to use/program the Macro button?
    -instructions suggest operating distance is 6-8m that could be a con for someone..

OtherThoughts:

Note: the buttons on each "8 remotes" can be from multiple hardware. i.e. My volume buttons for the xbox, DVD, DVR and audio all control my amps volume..
    I use the 'SAT' setting as a master control for all devices: projector on, lights colour change, amp volume, tv channel change, TV guide etc. etc.
    As a side note: you could easily control more than 8 devices as long as some devices share banks. A channel for lights, air con you could also add Apple TV controls, radio presets all in the one bank.
    I used the coloured buttons for the air conditioner; green/on, red/hotter, blue/colder, yellow/off.

Bottomline:

Xbox controllers don't use RF so take your Rii to a mates place then duplicate their xbox RF remote and/or use the dongle in the Xbox ;)

So far my high hopes have been surpassed!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections