DX » Community » Reviews » Portable Plastic Fixed Frame Case for Gopro Hero 3 - Black
  • 5 star 9 ( 69% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 31% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Looks good
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byIwerks on 08/18/2014

Pros: this is a cheap alternative to the original Gopro frame. My gopro fit snugly without any play. Plastic is thin yet flexible. All ports remain accessible. The plastic has a bit of grippiness to it so that it doesn't easily slip out of your hands. Cons: none yet. Still holding up great. Will need a few more years to really put this thing to work.... Read more

Impression:Looks good;

0 0
  • posted by3runjosh on 04/08/2014

Just like the official version. Great for recording audio. I also like to use this in places where there is no water or dirt/dust flying around to keep the camera cooler to prevent overheating. it would be cool if it came with a lens cap for when the gopro is in the frame but not in use. It would be cool if it came with a lens cap for the gopro. This ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRobWie on 02/06/2014

Good build quality and good price. It is exactly like the original one. Just a better price. It is great for using it in the car, as it reduces reflections from the waterproof housing. The only thing I can think of is the side button. The side button needs a lot of pressure. When a little bit bigger, it would have been easier to use. But that is the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybengtolof on 01/11/2014

Seem to be pretty good quaility of the material and a very good price as well. The fram is very useful and there is a possibility of have the camera connected to to an extrernal batteri. It is difficult to use the buttons in the frame as you have to push very hard to get the camera to accept. Especially the WiFi button is hard. I simply removed them ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byola3325 on 01/03/2014

I think the frame fits pretty good and it sure is a lot cheaper than the original from go pro. The buttons work just fine and the camera does not slip out of the frame. The plastic seems to be a bit to soft. I use it on a mulitcopter for aerial photo (to save weight on the copter) and the soft plastic construction makes the whole camera shake. That ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySchrum on 01/02/2014

This frame is perfect. It does the complete same as the original, and doesn't cost a fortune. There is a hole in the side so you can charge it while it is in the mount. This comes in handy if you are doing a long timelaps or something, and you know that the battery isn't gonna last that long, then you have opportunity to charge it, as you are recording ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjoelyeow on 11/21/2013

This frame is priced reasonably. It fits perfectly on to the Gopro Hero3. Securing it onto any gopro mount - Handlebar mount, Roll bar mount, Helmet mount, suction cup mount...etc. Works exactly as expected and described. For this price, I can't seem to find any to nit pick on. Maybe if it came with its own securing Bolt? Cheaper alternative to the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byberninho on 10/22/2013

It fits my GoPro Hero 3 perfect. The hole in the side has exactly the right size, so you can charge your camera while mounted, which is great for longtime projects, like Timelapses. The price isn't that cheap for dx-standards, but compared to the original one it's really cheap. The quality of the frame is very good, it fits perfect to all my other mounts,... Read more

The Frame mounted on the Suction Cup The hole fits perfect for charging the cam
    0 0
  • posted bygustavobguerra on 10/15/2013

Well made, flexible, fits perfectly my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. Improved sound quality as there is nothing over the mic hole. Also very useful for long videos because it has a hole for charging while filming. No cons at all. I would say that is not a good material, but i realized that it would not be flexible enough if it had a rigid material. Absolutely ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandrewho18 on 09/08/2013

Does what it is suppose to do. Light. Fits the camera perfectly. The 2 prongs for mounting onto all other GoPro accessories are just slightly too wide. It fits some mounts, but for other mounts it is just too tight to fit it in, and after fitting in by forcing, its swivel movement becomes restricted. Quality wise, if you bend it too much it feels like ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections