DX » Community » Reviews » Regulated CV/CC LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E/SSC P7 Emitters (8.4V Max Input)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynevik on 10/16/2011

Good efficiency. I measured 81-83% over an input voltage range of 6-8.4V. Measured output current is virtually constant at 2.35A over the 6-8.4V input voltage range. No markings to indicate the input voltage polarity connections. Inductor is bulky and oddly positioned. At input voltages below 6V an electrolytic ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byzrinscak on 05/10/2011

-good driver for a SSC P7 led emitter -variable input voltage (up to 8.4 volts), meets most of the needs for DIY projects with SSC P7 or MCE emitters -current measured at tailcap is around 1.2 amps at fully charged trustfire 18650s, which means that the current delivered to the emitter is around 2.4 ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMattaus on 05/05/2011

- Pre-wired - easy to re-wire - good build quality - can be modified to work up to 16V input - easily drives 3 XM-L T6's in series - Not 2.8A as many have already said here - Changing that capacitor over is difficult - the inductor on the board makes it take up more space than other drivers of the same ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysigrm on 03/24/2011

It does most of what its suposed to. I bought it together with an SSC P7, which it is "designed" to work good with. Together with the P7 this provided powerful light, but it could have provided even more. I measured the output to be 2400mA, not 2800. When i connected it to the SSC P7, i got ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byroyfellows on 02/26/2011

This driver will power either a single or 2 serial wired Cree XM-L at 2.5 amps. This is the maximum safe level in my opinion, read the Cree data sheet re "Thermal Characteristics" 2 serial wired XM-L T6 will output 1600 lumens at 2.5 amps, and this baby will do it. Soldering and build quality ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byinzane747 on 12/18/2010

does what it says.... sorta 2.4A.... not 2.8 ? I took measurements on 2 different p7s and it was the same. actually fried the driver which came in my copper base p7 by accident (after seeing a similar 2400ma current reading) and used this to replace it. (dont slip while measuring current and give the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysiberianbat on 11/01/2010

Simply schematics and simply adjustment. Can work up to 16V, but You must re-solder C1 capacitor (look main picture) to 10mF x 16V You can adjust the current with a resistor near to C1 (marked R10 = 0,1 Ohm on picture) to get more current set lower resistance, to set lower current - resolder this resistor ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byold4570 on 01/10/2010

So far so good , Im over driving this driver by using 3xAA carriers or 11.73v measured at rest . There is voltage sag under use , so that could be very good . Measured at the tail it draws a little over 1A in my 3D SSC P7 Maglite Larger voltage input range would be nice , but so far none really . Other ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byHouseofStrauss on 08/02/2009

* Useful device and cheaper than building your own. * Samll size fits easily into projects as well as flashlights * low heat generation, although should be heat-sinked. * wide input voltage tolerance, makes it flexible in many designs Not a full 2.8 amp output from my module. I measured 2.33 Amps at ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bybudy500000 on 04/27/2009

i did not notice a difference in brightness in my spider fire p7 when using this driver vs driving the flashlight threw a 2ohm resistor using a 8.4 volt rc car battery. the driver is more efficient than the resistors i was using. (the 20w resistor got very hot) driver does work as is but could be made ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections