DX » Community » Reviews » Regulated CV/CC LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E/SSC P7 Emitters (8.4V Max Input)
  • 5 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynevik on 10/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good efficiency. I measured 81-83% over an input voltage range of 6-8.4V. Measured output current is virtually constant at 2.35A over the 6-8.4V input voltage range. Cons:No markings to indicate the input voltage polarity connections. Inductor is bulky and odd... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzrinscak on 05/10/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:-good driver for a SSC P7 led emitter -variable input voltage (up to 8.4 volts), meets most of the needs for DIY projects with SSC P7 or MCE emitters Cons:-current measured at tailcap is around 1.2 amps at fully charged trustfire 18650s, which means that the c... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMattaus on 05/05/2011

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Pre-wired - easy to re-wire - good build quality - can be modified to work up to 16V input - easily drives 3 XM-L T6's in series Cons:- Not 2.8A as many have already said here - Changing that capacitor over is difficult - the inductor on the board makes it tak... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysigrm on 03/24/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It does most of what its suposed to. I bought it together with an SSC P7, which it is "designed" to work good with. Together with the P7 this provided powerful light, but it could have provided even more. Cons:I measured the output to be 2400mA, not 2800. When i... Read more

1 0
  • posted byroyfellows on 02/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This driver will power either a single or 2 serial wired Cree XM-L at 2.5 amps. This is the maximum safe level in my opinion, read the Cree data sheet re "Thermal Characteristics" 2 serial wired XM-L T6 will output 1600 lumens at 2.5 amps, and this b... Read more

0 0
  • posted byinzane747 on 12/18/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:does what it says.... sorta Cons:2.4A.... not 2.8 ? I took measurements on 2 different p7s and it was the same. actually fried the driver which came in my copper base p7 by accident (after seeing a similar 2400ma current reading) and used this to replace it. (dont slip wh... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysiberianbat on 11/01/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Simply schematics and simply adjustment. Can work up to 16V, but You must re-solder C1 capacitor (look main picture) to 10mF x 16V You can adjust the current with a resistor near to C1 (marked R10 = 0,1 Ohm on picture) to get more current set lower resistance,... Read more

1 0
  • posted byold4570 on 01/10/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:So far so good , Im over driving this driver by using 3xAA carriers or 11.73v measured at rest . There is voltage sag under use , so that could be very good . Measured at the tail it draws a little over 1A in my 3D SSC P7 Maglite Cons:Larger voltage input range... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHouseofStrauss on 08/02/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:* Useful device and cheaper than building your own. * Samll size fits easily into projects as well as flashlights * low heat generation, although should be heat-sinked. * wide input voltage tolerance, makes it flexible in many designs Cons:Not a full 2.8 amp out... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybudy500000 on 04/27/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:i did not notice a difference in brightness in my spider fire p7 when using this driver vs driving the flashlight threw a 2ohm resistor using a 8.4 volt rc car battery. the driver is more efficient than the resistors i was using. (the 20w resistor got very hot)... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections