• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Improves wipers ability to work if your wipers are old

posted by jaksun5 on 06/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Easy to use
    -very simple design
    -Does the job of making the edge smoother as evidenced by the fact that is worked almost perfectly the second time I used it
    -small and light enough to carry in the car
    -cheaper than new wipers
    -environmentally friendly

Cons:

-I could be a bit cheaper (there's a cheaper one on dx since I bought this (SKU: 20667) but not sure how good it is)
    -Will need to renew the wipers at least once a year for reasonable operation, maybe more (this isn't really a con)
    -You may find that sometimes even when wipers operate perfectly they will make a louder noise than new wipers
    -as the groove you are supposed to run the wipers in is quite shallow sometimes the wiper will skip out of the groove

OtherThoughts:

-In Australia we need to have the wipers wipe perfectly for the yearly safety check. The first year I had this I tried for quite a while to get it to wipe perfectly first go and it was a little difficult. A year later it seemed to be much easier to get the wipers renewed. Maybe when the rubber is dryer/older the thing makes a better edge.
    -Don't forget to clean your windows and wipers before you use this, they are probably at least half the problem if your wipers aren't working properly

Bottomline:

This is a great cheap money and environment saving item.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections