There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• im not a watch pro, but its a great product

posted by orangey on 07/31/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

an affordable tokyoflash knockoff; mine has been assumed authentic on many occasions. LED's are extremely bright and can be read easily in direct sunlight, even on the lowest setting. They're also brighter than my cell phone screen when used at night. It automatically displays the time every 15 minutes, which i find to be a lot handier than i though it would. Time is easy enough to set with a small pin. Date display is also handy. the clasp is easy to take off and put on.

Cons:

obviously not up to par compared to the real thing when it comes to quality. stainless steel smudges and leaves marks very easily. Watch will be a little bulkier on your wrist than you might expect, but if you're wearing it all the time like i am its easy to get used to. unless you've fitted your own wrist watch before you'll probably need to go somewhere to get it fitted, as the band is quite large out of the box (i paid $10 to have mine fitted at a deptartment store but you might somewhere cheaper).

OtherThoughts:

I didn't know until i bought it, but this is a tokyoflash knockoff watch. from the packaging i received it in, i can guess its manufactured in china (hence dealextreme selling it) but marketed mainly in Korea (its got the brand 'intercrew' on the back of the watch and on the tin it came in). here's a comparison:

Original TokyoFlash watch ($102.49 USD):

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/pimp/pimpinainteasypu/

This watch sold by Intercrew ($28 USD):

http://www.timegood.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=018003000012

Compare this to $17.46 on DealExtreme, you've got, well, an extreme deal :P

The watch has brightness settings from 1 to 7, but there's no reason to run it any brighter than 1 because 1 is still ridiculously bright, especially in the dark.

Bottomline:

I'm completely satisfied with this product, any drawbacks at all are offset by its affordability. its my first wristwatch and i dont see myself needing a new one anytime soon :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections