Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent batteries!!!

posted by DDN84 on 12/24/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-They are somewhat slimmer than my grey TF18650 2400mAh (1 grey cell doesn't fit in 2 of my flashlights, but these black/red cells have no problem at all)

-Genuine capacity of at least 2400mAh, hold their voltages extremely well at high loads.

I have a 5A MC-E installed in the RC-G4 torch with a 1400mA driver (7135 chips). From the runtime tests, the grey TF18650 2400mAh could only hold full output (1.4A current draw) for ~35' then the light went into direct drive mode. However, when I used this B/R 2400mAh cell, the same light ran at full output for ~102 mins before a sharp drop off.

-They look pretty good, with the red and black and flame and everything :P, wrapping doesn't seem too durable though.

-Protection circuit seems to work, my TK30 (runs on 2x B/R TF18650) shut off automatically during its runtime test.

Cons:

None at this point

OtherThoughts:

These new TF18650 batteries perform so well that you don't need to pay for more premium Li-ion cells like AW, unless the reliability of those cells are of paramount importance.

Bottomline:

I'll probably buy only these cells in the future for my 18650s needs, they have the best values and quality here on DX.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections